Re: RFS: snmpdump

Hi Georgi,

Vincent Bernat schrieb:

> Remove the fact that debian/rules is a sample. Also drop CFLAGS setting,
> dpkg-buildpackage do it itself. Remove unused dh_* call (instead of just
> commenting them out). Remove also  some comments whose goals are just to
> help you to write debian/rules.

You could even set the debhelper version to 7 and could use
/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.simple almost unchanged.

> You  should also patch manual page of snmpdump because hyphens are used
> as minus signs. I get those information from lintian. Use it with "-viI"
> options.

When doing so I would suggest using a patch system like dpatch or quilt
to document your changes and make it easier to push them upstream.

Two more comments:

1. I would install the scripts into /usr/share/doc/snmpdump/examples.
2. Please check if snmpdump is able to work with large files. It might
   be necessary to add AC_SYS_LARGEFILE to Makefile.am

Thanks,
Jochen