Re: RFS: obm

OoO En cette nuit nuageuse du jeudi 08 mai 2008, vers 00:40, je disais:

>> It builds these binary packages:
>> obm        - Open Business Management
>> obm-conf   - Open Business Management
>> obm-core   - Open Business Management
>> obm-storage - Open Business Management
>> obm-ui - Open Business Management

> I  don't   really  understand  why  configuration   files  are  packaged
> separately.  You  should merge  obm-conf  with  obm-core. Moreover,  why
> obm-storage  is a  separate package?   This would  be  understandable if
> there were  multiple backends (mysql, postgresql).  Would  obm be usable
> without  obm-storage?   Moreover,  seperating  obm-storage  of  obm-core
> forces you  to ask  for all database  parameters again. Worst,  the user
> can't leave password field empty  when setting database because he needs
> the password to configure obm-core afterwards.

Looking  more  carefully, I  have  discovered  that  in fact,  with  the
exception of  obm-core (and  of obm which  is a metapackage),  all other
packages are just  postinst scripts. I think that  you should just stick
with one package "obm". This will  be far more easier to understand. You
can still  break the source  package into several binary  packages later
when you really need it.
--
BOFH excuse #170:
popper unable to process jumbo kernel