Re: Examples

Le 5 mai 08 à 15:22, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
On 05/05/2008, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
IANADD, but I would put the doc and example files in
/usr/share/doc/packagename-doc.
/usr/share/doc/packagename/README.Debian should mention that the
reader can find doc in /usr/share/doc/packagename-doc once the
packagename-doc package is installed.

Which makes two locations to look into while browsing /u/s/d. As a user, I prefer very much having everything under /u/s/d/$package/, eventually
under various html/, pdf/, examples/, contrib/, etc. directories.

Actually I was sort of guessing the only package allowed to put anything under /usr/share/doc/<package>/ was <package> itself. It's probably the core of the original post. Is this assumption incorrect? I have no precise excerpt from policy to back it up.

Regards, Thibaut.