Re: Packages getting created without signature

Hello,

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, iluvlinux wrote:
> but dpkg-buildpackage command asks for passphrase just before building the
> package (at dh_builddeb ). so how can i check it with lintian etc.
>
> Do you want that first i should build a package, check it and than use gpg
> separately for signing the package?

Use no key --- look at the -uc -us switches to dpkg-buildpackage.

Note that if you use pbuilder to build the package (which is
recommended) then the package created is not signed since it is
created within a chroot where your keyring is not present.

Later you can sign the changes file using debsign.

This is how I do things. If you work on a multi-user system then you
may want to be more careful.

Regards,

Kapil.