ITA: libdbi + libdbi-drivers (updated packages)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.2-1
of my package "libdbi" and for for the new version 0.8.2-1-1
of my package "libdbi-drivers".

The package has been orphaned because we have no reply from the previous
maintainer of the package. The result was quite bad, the package was
producing segfault (crashing badly), and then when Etch was released, it
was just simply removed. The (active) upstream authors where not aware
of the status of the package and were quite surprised when I wrote to
them. This ITA is an attempt of rebirth for the package.

I've been searching for the bug number that announce that the package is
orphaned, but sorry, I can't find it any more in my (huge) mail log.

It's been 2 years and 49 days that the upstream author, Markus Hoenicka,
sent a bug report about an updated version. Nothing was done since.

It's really a shame as this package is a VERY powerful bridge for many
database servers. It has many drivers like: freedts (Sybase & MS SQL),
MySQL, PGSql, sqlite and sqlite3.

Some other drivers that depend on non-free packages like MS SQL, Oracle
and others are not packaged here. If somebody finds a way to include
them, let me know, but I think it's best to keep this package in main.
Somebody that would need such support could anyway download the source
package and fix if needed.

libdbi is to me, a very important package on which many application
depends. One of my package, mod_log_sql (called libapache-mod-log-sql as
the source package in Debian), depends on it and can't be migrated from
Lenny to SID because of libdbi being not maintained. And then my control
panel for web hosting falls in the same problem as it depends on
mod_log_sql. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that case.

For these reasons, I think it would great if the package could find a
good sponsor.

Be aware that this is the first time that I am packaging a library.
However, I have read all the documentation that I've found online about
building packages for libs, and I hope I didn't do any mistake.

"libdbi" version 0.8.2-1 builds these binary packages:

libdbi-doc - DB Independent Abstraction Layer for C  -- documentation
libdbi0 - Database Independent Abstraction Layer for C
libdbi0-dev - DB Independent Abstraction Layer for C  -- development files

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdbi/libdbi_0.8.2-1.dsc

"libdbi-drivers" version 0.8.2-1-1 builds these binary packages:

libdbd-freetds - Freetds database server driver for libdbi
libdbd-mysql - MySQL database server driver for libdbi
libdbd-pgsql - PostgreSQL database server driver for libdbi
libdbd-sqlite - SQLite database driver for libdbi
libdbd-sqlite3 - SQLite3 database driver for libdbi

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdbi-drivers/libdbi-drivers_0.8.2-1-1.dsc

Both packages appears to be lintian clean.

The upload would fix these bugs: 312115, 326748

Kind regards
 Thomas Goirand