On Homepage links [was: RFS: esmtp (updated package)]

José Fonseca <j_r_fonseca@yahoo.co.uk> (13/10/2007):
> Hi,

Hello,

> I'd appreciate if a DD could sponsor the upload of esmtp (user
> configurable relay-only MTA):

I'm no DD, etc., you know the drill.

> Name:	esmtp
> Version:	0.6.0-1
> Uploaded:	2007-09-03 17:27:01
> 		esmtp-run - User configurable relay-only MTA
> Repository URL:	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/esmtp
> Closes bugs:	394847, 407101, 432633

I'm wondering whether it could be interesting to include a link to the
upstream homepage in the template. I know that usually, running
“apt-cache show” is sufficient, but it might be interesting to be able
to follow the link to upstream directly from here. What do you think?

Also, you could include an “Homepage” field in the source part of your
debian/control file. See dpkg/1.14.7's Debian changelog entry. The
policy isn't updated yet (nor lintian) but a consensus was reached on
debian-devel, so I think it might be good to start using it.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois

PS: Sorry for somehow hijacking that thread, but I really wanted to see
    esmtp's homepage, and it looked like that subject wasn't talked
	about lately.