Re: Same source package, differents targets

A Dilluns 01 Octubre 2007 16:28, Justin Pryzby va escriure:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 04:02:32PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm sorry if the question is a bit silly, but I have a conceptual doubt.
> > I would like to package a soft that with the _same_ source, provides
> > different packages but, this packages have different build dependencies
> > and incompatibles.
>
> I think you mean that you have multiple binary package, and the build
> deps for one of them conflict with the build deps of the other.  Neat!
> Can you give specific detail of the package and dependencies?

yes. The software is orocos-rtt [1]. Trying to help to the main developer, I
have found that the main core lib depends on specific kernel packages: one
for use with rtai, one or xenomai, one gnulinux, ...)

The same source could create the orocos-rtt lib, but for example if you want
to build the rtai version you need the rtai kernel headers version and then
the kernel image a is in conflict with the xenomai soft, etc. The gnulinux
version is more or less in common with the rest of the packages.

I can understand that using the same sources, create several packages, but
with the same source, create several incompatible builds I don't understand
how (pbuilder in mind)

That's all,

Leo

[1] http://www.orocos.org