Re: Sponsor for multipipe

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 04:32:13PM +0200, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just packaged the small multipipe tool from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/multipipe.
>
> It can send its stdin to several other commands like this:
>
> cat blub |multipipe 'cat >/dev/null' 'less' 'wc'
Neat.  You can do something similar using bashisms:

echo foo |tee >(sed s/^/x/) >(sed s/^/y/) >(sed s/^/z/)

> I find this little tool very handy in many cases. Something like this
> should be available in Debian.
I have to agree :)

> You can download the source package from
> ftp://madroach.dyndns.org/multipipe/
Some comments:

Your copyright file is incomplete (I think you know this).

Ideally, debian/dirs:usr/bin isn't necessary since the upstream
makefile should handle this.

*some* debian/rules comments should go away.  But you should also
understand what eg. DH_VERBOSE, docbook-to-man, # dh_*, and the
manpage macro comments do and try the relevant things once before
getting rid of them.

Your configure-stamp target seems to do nothing.  You should
understand why it was in the template and ultimately get rid of it.

BTW tell your upstream that libc6 unistd.h already defines
STDIN_FILENO and such, so main.c essentially just duplicates this.

Justin