Problem with --purge and reinstalling

Dear mentors,

I'm maintaining the yorick-* packages. The source package is split into yorick, yorick-data and yorick-dev. The conffiles are in the - data package. However, yorick.postrm removes these files upon -- purge. I guess I must have been slightly offset from my head when I did this, but that's the situation in Etch.

I just noticed a problem if a user does:
aptitude install yorick (installs yorick and yorick-data)
aptitude remove yorick (removes yorick and yorick-data)
dpkg --purge yorick (deletes /etc/yorick/*, which actually belongs to yorick-data)
aptitude install yorick (installs yorick and yorick-data)

When reinstalling yorick the conffiles are not installed! One needs to purge y-data for these conffiles to get reinstalled.

I can clearly see that there is a bug in my packages in that yorick.postrm should certainly not remove files owned by yorick-data, but I don't understand why the files are not reinstalled.

I also wonder how to fix this issue best: I guess /etc/yorick files should belong in the package "yorick", not "yorick-data", but can I simply switch the files from one package to the other?

Regards, Thibaut.