Re: In-Program documentation

Am Dienstag, den 04.09.2007, 22:37 +0200 schrieb Patrick Schoenfeld:

> I'am currently in progress of packaging password-gorilla, which is a
> tcl/tk application. Well everything is fine so far, except that the
> application contains menu items LICENSE and HELP which rely on files in
> the source distribution, which I currently install with dh_installdocs.
> So basically I need to make these files available to the tcl/tk scripts.
> But how should I do this properly?
>
> 1) Variant 1:
> I could install the files to /usr/share/doc, but not with dh_installdocs
>  so that they don't get compressed and then link them to the target
> directory (/usr/share/password-gorilla).

dh_installdocs doesn't compress them. It's dh_compress doing this and
you can exclude these files if necessary.

Alternatively: Change the link in the documentation to LICENSE to point
to copyright or alternatively create a link LICENSE->copyright. And
exclude README from being compressed (see dh_compress(1)).

I had a very similar problem with xdrawchem and solved it this way (the
solution is not yet part of the official Debian package, so don't look
into it).

Regards, Daniel