Re: RFS: logapp

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:47:22AM +0200, Mario Iseli wrote:
> Good morning *wave*

Hey, time zone difference! ;-)

> debian/changelog:
> * Fix man page hyphens
> That's quite bad.
> Write something like:
> * Added patches/0?_BlaBla.dpatch to fix hyphens in manpages

Well, I think I was getting _too_ concise!

> Please also update the date in your changelog entry everytime you change
> something on it...

Some emacs magic missing after an upgrade! Anyway, I have corrected
this using dch -e.

> debian/control:
> (e.g. make, CVS, and Subversion)
> I don't know how this exactly works in english, but in German it's quite
> forbidden to use a colon before "and".

It's like this: If my understanding is correct, American English
permits a comma before "and", while British English doesn't. Since I
prefer Indian (closer to British) English, I make this change. Someone
can correct me if I am wrong.

> debian/copyright:
> - It was downloaded from http://logapp.sourceforge.net/
> + It was downloaded from <http://logapp.sourceforge.net/>

Done.

> Please also remove those useless whitespaces at the and of the lines.

Done.

> debian/examples:
> Quite complicated to use a whole file just for one file, you could also
> do that with a dh_installexamples parameter. But yes, it works also so
> it's okay, just as a hint...
>
> debian/manpages:
> Same here... ;)

Well, I just thought it was a good practice. But, I have now added
these things to rules and removed the separate files.

> debian/rules:
> Again two useless whitespaces behind the dh_clean lines...

Done.

> Regards and thanks for your work,

Thanks for your quick review! :-)

I have uploaded an updated copy, and have addedthe package to
sponsors.d.net.

Thanks again!

Kumar
--