Re: RFS: ftpsync -- fast ftp directory synchronization

Am Montag, den 16.07.2007, 06:45 +1000 schrieb Matthew Palmer:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 05:13:58PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ftpsync".
>
> Any major feature improvements over sitecopy?
>
> - Matt

ftpsync can create index.html files.

Version 0.2 will include support for templates and inline python
to create these directory indexes. And it will allow you to create
*.html files from *.html.in files by inserting them into the template.

And of course it is written in python, which means it is Arch
independent and we have not that much code.

And it behaves more like a VCS software, in fact we have:
	init (Wizard to configure a directory)
	help
	commit
	status
options, though we don't keep the file history (but we have a log
file, .log.gz)

We also miss some features available in sitecopy (like fetching the data
from the remote site).

Julian