RFS: libtomcrypt

Hello,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package libtomcrypt which is an OpenSSH-like library (I depend on libtomcrypt for another package I am preparing, libsnmp++).

LibTomCrypt is a fairly comprehensive, modular and portable cryptographic toolkit that provides developers with a vast array of well known published block ciphers, one-way hash functions, chaining modes, pseudo-random number generators, public key cryptography and a plethora of other routines.

* Package name    : libtomcrypt
  Version         : 1.17-1
  Upstream Author : Tom St Denis
* URL             : http://libtom.org
* License         : Public Domain
  Section         : libs

It builds these binary packages:
libtomcrypt0 - Easy to use cryptographic library [runtime]
libtomcrypt0-dev - Easy to use cryptographic library [development]
libtomcrypt0-doc - Easy to use cryptographic library [documentation]

The package is lintian and linda clean.

The upload would fix these bugs: 424961

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libtomcrypt/libtomcrypt_1.17-1.dsc

Please, take the time to review the package. It builds fine in a gutsy pbuilder.

More detailed information:
    * Public domain and open source.
* Written entirely in portable ISO C source (except for things like RNGs for natural
reasons)
* Builds out of the box on virtually every box. All that is required is GCC for the
source to build.
* Includes a 180+ page user manual in PDF format (with working examples in it)
    * Block Ciphers
o Ciphers come with an ECB encrypt/decrypt, setkey and self-test interfaces. o All ciphers have the same prototype which facilitates using multiple ciphers
at runtime.
o Some of the ciphers are flexible in terms of code size and memory usage.
          o Ciphers Supported.
                + Blowfish
                + XTEA
                + RC5
                + RC6
                + SAFER+
                + Rijndael (aka AES)
                + Twofish
                + SAFER (K64, SK64, K128, SK128)
                + RC2
                + DES, 3DES
                + CAST5
                + Noekeon
                + Skipjack
                + Anubis (with optional tweak as proposed by the developers)
                + Khazad
                + KASUMI
                + SEED
    * Chaining Modes
o Modes come with a start, encrypt/decrypt and set/get IV interfaces.
          o Mode supported.
                + ECB
                + CBC
                + OFB
                + CFB
                + CTR
                + IEEE LRW mode
                + F8 Chaining Mode
    * One-Way Hash Functions
          o Hashes come with init, process, done and self-test interfaces.
          o All hashes use the same prototypes for the interfaces.
          o Hashes supported.
                + MD2
                + MD4
                + MD5
                + SHA-1
                + SHA-224/256/384/512
                + TIGER-192
                + RIPE-MD 128/160/256/320
                + WHIRLPOOL
    * Message Authentication
          o FIPS-198 HMAC (supports all hashes)
          o CMAC, also known as OMAC1 (supports all ciphers)
          o PMAC Authentication
          o F9-MAC
          o Pelican MAC
    * Message Encrypt+Authenticate Modes
          o EAX Mode
          o OCB Mode
          o CCM Mode (NIST spec)
          o GCM Mode (IEEE spec)
    * Pseudo-Random Number Generators
          o Yarrow (based algorithm)
          o RC4
          o Support for /dev/random, /dev/urandom and the Win32 CSP RNG
          o Fortuna
          o SOBER-128
    * Public Key Algorithms
          o RSA (using PKCS #1 v1.5 and v2.1)
          o ECC (EC-DSA X9.62 signatures, X9.63 EC-DH)
                + With fast Fixed Point ECC support as well
                + X9.63 import/export of public keys
          o DSA (Users make their own groups)
o The math routines are pluggable which means you can use your own math
provider if you want.
    * Other standards
          o PKCS #1 (v1.5 and v2.1 padding)
          o PKCS #5
o ASN.1 DER for SEQUENCE, INTEGER, BIT STRING, OCTET STRING, OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
IA5 STRING, PRINTABLE STRING, UTCTIME, CHOICE and NULL types.
    * Portable code builds out of the box with a conforming C compiler
o Builds out of the box with platform optimizations for i386 (x86_32, gcc and msvc), x86_64 and PPC32

Thank you.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org