Re: RFS: roundcube

hi vincent,

On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 08:30 +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> Therefore, I have two questions. Here is my snippet of code :
>
> db_metaget roundcube/language languages && oldchoices="$RET"
> if [ ! "$oldchoices" -o "$instd_langs" != "$oldchoices" ]; then
>        db_subst roundcube/language languages $instd_langs
>        db_fset roundcube/language seen false
>        db_set roundcube/language en
> fi

imho, instead of explicitly setting it to en, you should try to
determine what the current language is (and fail back to en if you
can't).  this is somewhat related to the "debconf is not a registry"
dogma, where a debconf answer should usually be reflected by a
filesystem-based configuration option, which is then used to
preseed the debconf value before the config is run.

> And  the other  question :  what is  the cleanest  way to  re-ask this
> question  if  roundcube-l10n-extra  is  installed ?   Duplicating  the
> snippet of code and the template ? dpkg-reconfigure in postinst ?

i'd say the code is probably small enough that if you're only doing this
for one package (assuming there aren't more roundcube-l10n-foo packages)
that it doesn't make sense to do anything super complicated and a simple
cut and paste ought to do.

	sean