Re: RFS: revelation 0.4.7-1

Hello Stefan,

> I am looking for a sponsor for revelation, since my current sponsor
> (ms@debian.org) is too busy. This version would fix a lot of oben BTS bugs:

Unfortunately I can't upload your package for you, but I did review it
and here's some comments.

* In general the package looks and builds fine, good work!

* debian/control: you're not up-to-date with the latest policy version.

* debian/copyright: this misses some required information, like a
  copyright statement (a la "revelation is copyrighted (c) 1996 by
  John"). It also doesn't mention that the user can choose to apply
  a GPL version > 2 to the software. This provides some guidelines:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

* You include the file "README" but it doesn't have information that's
  not already elsewhere.

* debian/rules: contains some commented out commands, these can be
  safely removed to clean up.

* debian/changelog: "* fixed
  debian/{copyright,control,.postinst,.prerm}"
  mentioning that some file is "fixed" is not useful information.
  Either mention what was changed or leave it out.

If you address this I'm pretty certain you can find a sponsor.

bye,
Thijs