Re: Non-english license and documents

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 13:27 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 02:30:50PM +1000, Jamie Jones wrote:
> > In the event of any license related issues perhaps caused by
> > mis-translation, the Japanese version is the canonical version that must
> > be followed.
>
> Isn't this the case only if someone else than the author translated
> the license?

Based on my understanding of Japanese law, the original document being
in Japanese is the one that is legally binding, even if the author makes
an English translation. Other jurisdictions may accept a hypothetical
English translation, but in the event of a dispute, the correct terms
are in the Japanese version.

IANAL, TINLA.
Regards,
--
Jamie Jones
Proprietor

GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209
Fingerprint E1FD 9D7E 6BB4 1BD4 AEB9 3091 0027 CEFA 4B6E 7209