Re: ifpgui deb - review / upload

Hello Jacob,

> I updated the debianization in the ifpgui source package and got their
> blessing to include it in debian.  Could someone review my packaging and
> perhaps upload it for me?  :)
>
> You can download it from my web server here:
> http://www.gnifty.net/code/ifpgui-deb/

Thanks. It looks like you've done some good work on the package, it
already looks in good shape! I have some comments though from a cursory
look:

debian/control:
- Debian Policy has been updated recently, please update your package to
the latest requirements (see the upgrading-checklist in the
debian-policy package)
- From the description I can't decide what the iRiver iFP actually
plays. Is it music perhaps? Maybe clarify a bit more for interested
readers.

debian/copyright: you include two different statements, but do not
really indicate which applies to what. Maybe you can briefly document
what parts of the source are covered by the GPL and what by the SMC
licence. The statement "All Rights Reserved" after which some rights are
released doesn't seem entirely logical but I think it's clear enough
what's intended.

Otherwise it looks good. Unfortunately I can't sponsor you since I'm not
a DD, but I hope these comments are useful none the less. Good luck!

Thijs