Re: gaim-snapshot (possible) newbie question

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 17:18 +0100, Marco Cabizza wrote:
> Can anybody review (and hopefully upload) those?

My main concern (apart from the valid hijacking concerns raised) is that
it's a Debian native package. That's not right; you should use an
orig.tar.gz from upstream; even if you pull from CVS yourself, you need
to make a tgz out of that and use that as the orig.tar.gz. The .diff.gz
will then contain exactly the packaging and other Debian-specific
changes.

The package also exhibits some other lintian/linda warnings/errors:
> W: gaim-snapshot source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
> debian/gaim-snapshot-dev.postinst
> W: gaim-snapshot source: source-contains-CVS-dir .ssh/CVS
> E: gaim-snapshot; Uses cdbs and debhelper.mk, but debhelper
> Build-Depends is too old.

The CVS one may be caused by using "cvs co" instead of "cvs export".

bye,
Thijs