Re: RFS: libdiscid

James Westby wrote:
> On (01/10/06 18:28), Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
>> James Westby wrote:
>>>   * You shouldn't use ${Source-Version} in debian/control any more
>>>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/09/msg00228.html
>> The policy suggests to use ${Source-Version}. I'd rather stick to it until it's
>> changed there.
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-intradeps
>>

> See

> for an example bug that is the fault of using this field.

The bug is about using ${Source-Version} between "Architecture: all" and
"Architecture: any" packages, which indeed can cause problems.

But in my case both libdiscid0 and libdiscid0-dev are "Architecture: any" and so
both will be rebuilt on a bin-NMU -- which means ${Source-Version} won't cause
any problems.

> The file i was talking about was the public domain one.

"Public Domain" = no copyright, no license.

-Lukáš