Re: debconf: how write sections and comments at php.ini?

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 02:41:21PM +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:55:24 -0300, André Felipe Machado wrote:

> > Hello,
> > I am trying to create a rudimentary package for php-java-bridge.
> > After reading debconf tutorials and man pages, I am still needing info
> > about how create a section "[something]" and how write comments in
> > php.ini (which do not belong to this package) the right debian way.
> > Please, where do I find additional debconf docs and examples?
> > Regards.
> > Andre Felipe Machado

> It seems rather tricky. Although the php.ini file is not a conffile and
> so you are free to modify it,

No, that's incorrect.  Modifying non-conffile config files belonging to
other packages is also not allowed except when the owning package provides
an interface that other packages should use for this purpose.

There is an interface (currently encapsulated in the common maintainer
script code shared by PHP extensions) for adding and removing extensions to
php.ini, but that's it.