Re: flexbackup 'grave' Bug Resolved

Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> writes:

> On Sunday 03 September 2006 18:30, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
>> Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> writes:
>> > Please run lintian on the package. I get three errors here.
>>
>> Yes, I see that also.  However, I'm trying to follow the directive in
>> the Developer's Reference 5.8.5.3:
>>
>> "Do NOT include any changes in your package which are not directly
>> related to fixing the vulnerability.  These will only need to be
>> reverted, and this wastes time."
>>
>> I didn't intend that this version of the package be uploaded to
>> unstable; I plan on preparing a more comprehensive update which fixes
>> some of the other bugs against flexbackup.

I have now uploaded flexbackup_1.2.1-5 to mentors.  This package converts
the QA upload (-3!) to dpatch and fixes some other issues.

I skipped -4 because the package overview system says it's in new:.
I assume that's the stable-security package we processed earlier (but
which didn't get into the QA upload changelog).

flexbackup (1.2.1-5) unstable; urgency=low

  * Use dpatch to track changes to upstream.
  * Update compat to 5.
  * Move lha (non-free) to Suggests:
  * 'mt' can come from cpio or mt-st packages.
  * Add upstream CREDITS.
  * Fix hyphens in .../man5/flexbackup.conf.5.
  * flexbackup.conf now supports backup operations without requiring
    'buffer', which is not necessary for backup to disk.
  * test_bufferprog: don't rely on 'tempfile' which may not be present
    on some remote systems.  Create and delete the /tmp subdirectory on
    remote systems during this test.
  * flexbackup log and working directories now writable by backup group.
    (Permissions similar to the amanda backup utility, needed override.)
  * Remove unused targets and commands in debian/rules
  * New Maintainer  (Closes: #384184).

 -- Kurt B. Kaiser <kbk@shore.net>  Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:14:54 -0700

I note a mentors.d.o lintian warning:

W: flexbackup source: build-depends-without-arch-dep

which I don't get on my freshly updated sid even with the -i switch.
I wonder why the difference exists?

The QA upload switched from Build-Depends-Indep to Build-Depends and
I left that alone.  Maybe both of these (identical) should exist?
Build-Depends: debhelper is necessary because dh_clean is in the clean
target, and Build-Depends-Indep might be needed since binary-indep
calls dh_* commands.  It's not clear to me; enlightenment would be
appreciated!

BTW, if I were to upload a change which you might propose to mentors.d.o
should the Debian version bump to -6 even if -5 never got uploaded to
unstable?

--
KBK