Re: s390 build box?

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> (OTOH, your solution seems a bit fragile for a source package that wants
> to get compiled with -Werror. The two apache2 and php5 files that define
> WORDS_BIGENDIAN, also share 23 other macro definitions; as it happens,
> to the same value, which does not trigger an error. But that's up to
> you, I guess.)

Released code that builds with -Werror is inherently rather fragile.  It
does certainly catch errors, but it can also cause FTBFS problems that
wouldn't have been a problem without -Werror (particularly during compiler
version transitions).  I'm not sure it's a good idea; it may add more
problems than it catches in the long run.

It's *great* for development, of course.