Re: How can I help Debian best?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 06:05:43PM +0200, Christian H?tter wrote:
> Hello Bas,

> By the way, you mentioned lintian and linda, the tools I have used to
> test the package as well. However, they disagreed about the question if
> the comment section in a binary is necessary or not - can anyone
> enlighten me here?
It can be expected that one of these programs will warn about some
things which the program misses.  I hope that in the typical case, the
program doing the warning has a good reason for doing so; if not, it's
a bug in that program.

It could be considered a "wishlist" bug in the other program (the one
which doesn't display the warning), but it is kind of implied, since
the programs have the same goal.  I don't know how much they follow
each other's development, though.

Justin