Re: question about CFLAGS modifiers to ./configure

* Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> [060331 10:38]:
> I'm attaching the latest snapshot of my debian directory, as well as the
> .build file resulting from trying to build it. I'm getting tons of undefined
> references, some of which I don't seem to be able to get rid of.

This looks like the prime example of a error -Wl,-z,syms is there to
catch. The library libgnashhashserver needs symbols from the library
libgnashhasobjs, but does not link against this library.
Without -Wl,-z,syms the linker supposes that this might be callbacks
to the main program, and most programs using this lib link properly
because they most likely also link against libgnashhasobjs. And if
people realize they cannot link against libgnashhashserver without that
lib they tend to not realize the error in hashserver but just adding
linkining to hashobj (which might be an additional error, as linking
against libs you do not need directly is an error, but in the common
cases both errors do not show up and it just works so people do not
suspect any bad).

To fix this try to add something like (untested):

libgnashhashserver_la_LIBADD = libgnashhashobjs.la

Another problem your build log shows:

grep -n rpath ../gnash_0.0.20060328-1_i386.build:
194:checking for rpath... yes
[...]
591: [...] -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/inniyah/gnash/gnash/libbase/.libs [...]
[...]
748: [...] -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/inniyah/gnash/gnash/libbase/.libs -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/inniyah/gnash/gnash/libgeometry/.libs [...]

If your build finishes, you should make sure that either these rpaths
are no longer there, or that those file are relinked later without those
rpaths (libtool sometimes do funny things and might link things multiple
times, the important part is that the libraries you finaly ship do not
include any rpaths).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link