Re: RFS: b5

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 07:55:35PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Thank you for this explanation.  Although I still have some issues with
> > it, it seems I should build infrastructure for building source packages.
> > (Earlier, one just needed dpkg-source -b; now it seems there must be
> > some script or makefile target to construct a fake .orig directory and
> > then build the source with that.)  It feels funny that I have to make a
> > dummy "pristine" source for the Debian project while I've been releasing
> > the "debian-specific" source outside Debian for ages.
> The .orig *directory* is a temporary artifact created, used, and
> removed by dh_make for initial packaging only; you don't need it.  All
> you need to have a nonnative package is to have a
> ../$package_$version.orig.tar.gz.  The problem is that it is often
> misnamed.

I know it is so; it's just that in my case, the .orig directory is a
temporary artifact to create the .orig.tar.gz permanent artifact. :)
By letting dpkg-source build the .orig.tar.gz, I can at least ensure
that it gets properly named.

Panu

--
personal contact:	panu.kalliokoski@helsinki.fi, +35841 5323835