Re: Versioning of unreleased test packages

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 14:23, Marcus Better wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am packaging some software and would like testers to try out my
> packages. What is the best way to choose version numbers for the package
> under development so that:
Use foo_xxx-0.foo.1 .
So the initial debian version (which is normally foo_xxx-1) is higher then
your test versions.
And so you can just make newer versions of your test packages, for example you
can do a foo_xxx-0.foo.2 .
BTW backports also use this way of versioning :)

Greetings
Steffen