Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:58:13PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:22:43PM -0300, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> > Hi, all

> > There was one policy for php libs  ?

> > This was last message that I found about this.

> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/09/msg00109.html

> > And about PEAR libs ?

> Hi there,

> We're currently hammering something out on the debian-webapps mailing
> list.

> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-webapps

Why in God's name are you doing that?  The charter for debian-webapps is web
*application* packages, not "packages implemented in PHP or providing PHP
bindings that may or may not be used by web application packages".

debian-webapps is absolutely not the right forum for discussing PHP/PEAR
library policy.  AFAIK, none of the comaintainers of the actual PHP packages
are subscribed to that list.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer