Building source packages

On 08-Jul-2005, John Skaller wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 21:27 +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > You may as well use the http://mentors.debian.net service to
> > upload your work. It will take care of your files and make them
> > publicly available in a decent repository structure.
>
> but
>
> (a) it does not provide binary packages

Which is by design; the website is only meant to allow prospective
developers to show their work to debian-mentors.

> (b) apt tools can't build from source
> Is there a tool which does that?

That's what pbuilder does:

    <URL:http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/pbuilder>

--
 \     "I must say that I find television very educational. The minute |
  `\   somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book."  -- |