Re: RFS: z80asm, assembler for the Zilog Z80 microprocessor

Hi Bas!

Bas Wijnen Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl>:
> In order to learn about Debian packaging, I packaged a program I wrote.
>  The package is lintian and linda clean.  Please give me comments on it.
>
> Since I think the program is actually useful as well, I am looking for a
> sponsor to get it included in the Debian archive.
>
> Short description: assembler for the Zilog Z80 microprocessor
>
> Long description:
>  The Z80 microprocessor is used in old home computers, such as the
>  ZX-spectrum and MSX, and in several newer devices, such as the TI-83
>  graphical calculator and the GameBoy.
>  .
>  Features include:
>   * including other sources
>   * complex expressions (similar to bash)
>   * labels of unlimited length
>   * conditional compilation depending on expressions

Wow, your package is able to assemble a Z80 processor? ;-)

Seriously, I think you should improve your long description to explain to an
(unexperienced) user what this package is for.
What can you do with this assembler?
Why should you install it?
What are the results of the programms (e.g. machine-code) for?

Regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-E-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Limit: 100 kB *