Re: RFS: cdrbq -- graphical cd burning frontend

Mario Iseli <mario@marioiseli.com> writes:

> So, i have now fixed the dependency, so it should be no problem for the
> users (when etch is stable) to upgrade. There is also the dummy package
> (will be removed in the stable release after etch), it contains a
> bash-script (suggested by Justin Pryzby). Please have a look at it on:
> http://server01.marioiseli.com/~mario/dpkgs/cdrbq/, if everything is ok,
> please upload it.

Sorry about the delay; I'd been planning on reviewing this for several
days and had too many other things that I was working on.

Please build the dummy package directly out of the cdrbq package rather
than creating a separate source package.  That will make it easier to
remove later and is how dummy packages are generally handled elsewhere in
Debian.  When you do that, you'll want to remove the Provides: cdrtoaster
from cdrbq and change the replaces to:

    Replaces: cdrtoaster (<< 1.23)

Once you've done that, I'm not sure that the symlink is really that
useful; the bash script in the transitional package is great and should
catch people who didn't know about the binary rename.  It won't hurt
anything, but it may be worth considering whether you want to drop the
symlink completely and just go with the transitional package.

If you do keep it, the postinstall removes cdrtoaster regardless of
whether it's a symlink.  I think it would be better to do something like:

    if [ -l /usr/bin/cdrtoaster ]
           && [ "`readlink /usr/bin/cdrtoaster`" = "cdrbq" ] ; then
        rm -f /usr/bin/cdrtoaster
    fi

You have a stray debian/files in your diff.

Send me e-mail when the above has been addressed and I'll be happy to
upload the package.