Re: Creating a randomized cron entry

* Florian Weimer (fw@deneb.enyo.de) [051215 09:05]:
> What is the recommended way to achieve this?  Include a script, to be
> run manually, which creates the cron entry?  (In this case, that would
> be acceptable because the cron entry creation should probably be
> optional anyway.)  Shall I remove the cron entry when the package is
> purged?

Well, wouldn't it be better to enhance cron so that you could write:
x x * * * user script
to run it once per day, or
x x/6 * * * user script
to run it 6 times per day, both at random times?

(x means: at a random time, and x/n means n times per (whatever) with a
random starting point. Random times are determined at starting time.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/