Re: pbuilder and scons

Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> wrote:

> Claudio Moratti wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a package that uses scons...
>>
>> everything goes fine but I find one problem: in order to clean the sources,
>> debian/rules calls
>> /usr/bin/scons -c
>> but pbuilder don't try to install the Unmet build dependencies before the
>> "clean"...
>
> As other people noted new and in old threads, this is because pbuilder
> runs debian/rules clean outside the chroot.

I don't understand what the problem is here, really.  First of all, as
Ming has pointed out, it's probably not pbuilder that runs clean, but
pdebuild or whatever tool.

Second, if you have the *need* to run debian/rules clean, this means you
tried to configure the package on your working host, or something like
that, and this means you should install the build-deps anyway.
Alternatively, if you just unpacked the sources, edited some files in
debian, and now want to create a binary package, why not simply

cd ..; dpkg-source -b <package-dir>
pbuilder build <new_dsc_file>

Regards, Frank
--