Re: Looking for a sponsor (RSBAC)

kang wrote on 26/09/2005 12:03:
> We are currently providing packages for the RSBAC framework
> (http://www.rsbac.org) for Gentoo and Fedora Core.
> We use Debian though, and have debian packages too. We would like if at
> all possible to be able to maintain thoses inside the Debian tree.

Though I can not sponsor your uploads (at least not yet), I might still
be able to give you a few hints which could help you. However, it seems
that there already is someone who maintains RSBAC-stuff for Debian. If
the packages he maintains don't cover everything you would like to see
in Debian, perhaps he can help you getting the rest into Debian.

The packages currently in Debian are:
rsbac-admin       - Rule Set Based Access Control administrative utility
rsbac-dev         - RSBAC development library
rsbac-doc         - RSBAC documentation
rsbac-klogd       - RSBAC messages logger
All maintained by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org>

> Of course we can and will then name a single maintainer for Debian if
> and when necessary. (Which might just be me ;)

The maintainer doesn't need to be a single person. In fact, given the
size of RSBAC, giving a mailinglist as the maintainer might be better
(listing all those who actually might upload the package to Debian in
the "Uploaders:" control field of the package).

cu,
sven

PS: Please don't CC me on replies, I read the mailinglists I post to.