Re: pbuilder -- chroot and build-dependencies.

"Alexander A. Vlasov" <zulu@galaradio.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have to build a lot of packages for personal use by myself and I
> expirienced a very strange problem with pbuilder:
>
> Some packages requires some unusual things to build, for example, dpatch
> or ocaml. Those tools are included in build-dep in control file, but
> actually pbuilder does some stuff _before_ chrooting, so building fails
> before installing those dependencies into chroot.

I think this is a bug - either in the package, or (more likely) in
pbuilder.  Or your pbuilder setup is incorrect, but then it would
probably happen with every package.

What problems exactly do you have with which packages?

> How can this problem be solved? AFAIR, pbuilder is official build tool

No, the official build tool is sbuilder (and not exactly the version
that is released somewhere, IIRC).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster