GNU Arch for debian packages

On 29-May-2005, Sven Mueller wrote:
> You should not include the VCS files (in this case: arch control
> files) in the diff. I'm not familiar with arch (in fact, I found it
> quite unusable when I tried it out for a short time), but there
> should be some sort of export function to create a tree which does
> not include those files.

Amazingly enough, GNU Arch did not have such a facility until
recently. Bazaar 1.3 and above now has 'baz export' which does exactly
what you describe.

    <URL:http://bazaar.canonical.com/>

There's also Andrew Suffield's 'arch-buildpackage' for the purpose of
building Debian packages from Arch working trees:

    <URL:http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/arch-buildpackage>

--
 \       "Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do."  |
  `\                                          -- Homer, _The Simpsons_ |