upgrading database tables and data

Does anyone know of a package that I can look at that has a mechanism to
run a series of certain SQL scripts based on upgrading from a certain
version to a certain version?

For instance, when upgrading from 1.1-1 to 1.1-2, I want to delete a row
from a table, when upgrading from 1.1-2 to 1.2-1, I want to alter a
table, and when upgrading from 1.1-1 to 1.2-1, I want to do both of
these actions (first the delete, then the alter).

I'm already using wwwconfig-common.  Any suggestions on nice ways to
organize these to know which scripts to run and in which order are
appreciated.

--
Encrypted Mail Preferred:
    Key ID:  8527B9AF