Re: best way to announce important changes

Thanks for all answers

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> Is it a conffile or just a configuration file?
It is a configuration file (/etc/rsnapshot.conf) holding all options
and backup points.

> Depending on the severity of "not wanted", you could simply disable the
> script until the configuration file has been fixed.
I think that's the best solution, there will also be a shell script
helping the user to migrate to the new config for some specific (but
common) cases. Unfortunately it is not possible to automate the
migration, as there might be cases where the user have to make some
individual design decisions.

	Christoph