Re: RFS: gtklp -- Frontend for CUPS written in GTK+

On 2004-04-29 "Zak B. Elep" <zakame@spunge.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 09:43:32AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[...]
> > Imho the build-depency on gnutls should simply be droppep, gtklp does
> > not use gnutls, it is just a libtool artefact caused by
> > libcupsys2-dev, which already depends on libgnutls7-dev.

> Also dropped gnutls ;)

And with the newest latest libcupsys2-dev version
(1.1.20final+cvs20040330-3) gtklp won't uselessly link against gnutls.
;-)

> > Did you repack the source? - The md5sum does not match:
[...]
> Of course the md5sums won't match, they're _not_ the same sources!
> (Hint: it's a `p', not an `n' ;)

I need to improve on my reading skills. ;-) - I'll offer advise in
exchange: You should install or upgrade autotools-dev on your machine,
config.(guess|sub) is still old because the respective code in
debian/rules requires autotools-dev.

I am willing to sponsor the package in its current state to rid of a
gnutls5 dependency in sid.

It would be nice if gtklp could be fixed with respect to
http://bugs.debian.org/242950 but for gtklp it is a little bit more
complicated than

#1 Add AM_MAINTAINER_MODE near the start of configure.in
#2 libtoolize --force --copy && aclocal && autoheader && automake \
   --add-missing --copy && autoconf
#3 clean up

which suggests putting this of to the second upload.

I played a little bit with it and needed to manually remove ./missing
(because automake did not overwrite it with a fresh version) and work
around a incompatibilty between po/Makefile.in.in of the antic
version of gettext used in the package and current autotools

-mkinstalldirs = $(SHELL) `case "$(MKINSTALLDIRS)" in /*) echo "$(MKINSTALLDIRS)" ;; *) echo "$(top_builddir)/$(MKINSTALLDIRS)" ;; esac`
+mkinstalldirs = $(SHELL) $(top_srcdir)/mkinstalldirs

This looks hackish and I do not know whether it might break stuff. -
The proper fix would be updating gettext, but I could not deal with
that in the limited timeI chose to invest. - It is something upstream
should do, imho.
                  cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"