Re: usbmount: automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> Anyway, couldn't you possibly create a little tool which would start
> a command after remounting the device async, and mount it sync
> again once the command stopped? Then I could say something like:
>
>   fastusb rsync -a ~/ /media/usb

I can do that, but in order to be useful for ordinary (non-root) users,
the tool would have to be setuid root, so that it can do the remounting.
This requires some careful programming, i.e. it'll take some time.

In the meantime, I've uploaded usbmount 0.0.2, which doesn't kill any
processes before unmounting:

  http://www.zero-based.org/debian/packages/usbmount_0.0.2.dsc
  http://www.zero-based.org/debian/packages/usbmount_0.0.2.tar.gz

Thanks,
Martin

--
  / ,- )    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany    ((_/)o o(\_))