Re: transitioning from conffile to ucf

also sprach Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2004.10.14.1316 +0200]:
> Have you tested this? I think that the file will not be deleted,
> because upon upgrade, the old package is only removed, not purged.
> Therefore all conffiles stay in /etc.

I was about to reply with "of course", but then I tested it again,
and so I say:

  "of course you are right."

Damn, I don't know what happened earlier, I could have sworn it did
not work.

So the 'leftover' file /etc/foo.conf is never deleted because
version 1 is not purged and version 2 does not contain the file in
the lists file anymore, so dpkg does not know this file ever
existed...

Sorry for the noise, and thanks for your answer.

`. `'`