RFS: Web browser based MySQL access, using python cgi scripts

I'm hoping someone will be interested in sponsoring me. I really think
that there is a need for a package like webQuery. I'd appreciate any
feedback from anyone.

You can get the source from the mentors repository:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/webquery/

or you can get the deb files from:

http://my.linuxrocket.net/gmw/debian/

You can read the excerpt from the control file below for some details
about this package. One of the nice things about this package is that it
is written in python, which means that it's one of the easiest packages
of this type for users to modify. It's also easy to install and should
run 'out of the box' for most users. As you might be inferred from the
version number, I see this as a package as a package that can and will
be improved over time. It's functional as it is, but it's got lots of
possibilities for future development as well.

Package: webquery
Architecture: any
Depends: apache2|httpd-cgi, mysql-server (>= 3.23), python (>= 2.3),
python-mysqldb (>=0.9.2), python-htmlgen, mozilla|www-browser, debconf

webQuery is a collection of python cgi scripts that can access MySQL
databases. These scripts will allow viewing, searching  and editing of
tables. If tables are configured IAW certain rules table relationships
are supported in such a way that  linking of tables is automated and a
table hierarchy is emulated.
 .
 Features include: Combining fields for reports, exporting reports,
 report sorting, fulltext searching, creating and editing records,
 multiuser tracking, multi language configurable, simplified privileges,
 saved queries, query picklists, navagation bar.
 .
 It's been tested and found to work on Mac OSX and Linux, but should
work on any system configured to execute cgi's (cookie support is
required). .
 A MySQL user named 'wq@localhost' will be created and given minimal
privileges (unless that user already exists).
 .
 Three dbs (webquery, wqlog, and wqname) will be copied to the default
 MySQL data directory - /var/lib/mysql (unless they already exist or
 that dir does not exist). See the webquery docs to alter this behavior.
 .
 If you are running Apache2, cgi will be enabled for you. Otherwise, you
 will need to do this before starting webQuery.