Re: two new packages, one depends upon the other

>   > Suppose I have two packages: A and B where B depends and build depends
>   > upon A.  Neither package has been uploaded before.  I can easily build
>   > A in pbuilder using pdebuild, but I can't do the same with B because B
>   > build depends upon A and A is not in the archive (thereby causing
>   > pbuilder-satisfydepends to fail).  I have gotten around this by using
>   > pbuilder login, installing A's debs manually, running
>   > pbuilder-satisfydepends, and then run dpkg-buildpackage, but I'm
>   > wondering whether there is a better/usual way to do this.  Any
>   > suggestions would be welcome.
>
>   You can always add your own repository to the /etc/pbuilderrc.
>   If you don't have time to create your own, you can use mentors.debian.net,
>   that's what I do usually.

That's so obvious I completely overlooked it. :-)  Thanks!  It worked
perfectly.  I already have a local repository, so I just copied these
packages into it, reran dpkg-scanpackages, and added it to
/etc/pbuilderrc in OTHERMIRROR.  It worked perfectly (after I ran
pbuilder update --config-override).

>   > If B fails to build from source, is it
>   > the case that manual intervention is then required to get it to retry,
>   > or does this happen automatically?  Thanks again for any
>   > clarification.
>
>   That depends on the reason of not-building. What reasons do you expect?

Only not waiting long enough between uploading A and B.  Probably
nothing to worry about.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/