Re: BandwidthD packages for review.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:46:21PM +0200, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> Any suggestions on how to improve the package are welcome. I have read
> the new maintainer guide, but feel free to point me to any documentation
> that will be helpful for me.

First of all you should fill ITP bug about bandwidthd to ensure than
noone else would work on packaging it. If you fill it then add to
changelog entry which will close it.

Your debian/control file needs some fixes. First of all you should
choose section (there is no section unknown). Probably net or something
like that will be ok. The newest Standard-Version is 3.6.1 so you should
bump it.

Please clean up your rules file. There are many commented unused lines.

Don't add such README.Debian file... if you want to include this package
in Debian then writing that you don't have experience with packaging
won't be useful... and probably will scare potential users ;)

If they will want to send you any suggestions then they will use BTS.

debian/copyright - just take a look how does it look like in other
packages... you should point users to the file containing license.

Otherwise it looks quite good, but I haven't tested it, so don't know
even if it builds correctly. Oh one more thing.

You should build your packages on unstable distribution, and not
testing. If you don't want to upgrade your whole system then use
"pbuilder" which is created especially for such purposes.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska