Re: Package review and comment wanted

Frank Küster wrote:

You should try to separate non-debian-specific and debian-specific
parts, IMO.
I have been trying to keep to standard Bourne Shell so it should be ok.
I will try to package it in a normal tar file with (bin, etc, etc)

not exist or something like this. I ended up having to put ALL my
expected directories in this debian/dirs file.

This shows that you are missing a proper install target in your toplevel
Makefile, I'd say.
Could be, I did not create the directories in the rules file. Only copied the files to the proper place. I guess I should create the directories first. As I am now doing in the Makefile.

Then the installation
went very fine. But when I tried to remove the package, it also tried
to remove /usr/sbin....
This is strange, and usually does not occur. I should have a different
reason than the directory being listed in debian/dirs.
Guess I need to trouble shoot a bit more on this one... :)

I wouldn't put the intermediate files into the debian
directory. However, in the sources I downloaded there where manpages in
the debian directory before I did any call to debian/rules. They
shouldn't be there if they are generated upon installation.
I generate them when I am building the package.

one of them is sufficient, you should lower the dependency on afio to
Suggests or Recommends, depending on the functionality.
Actually I use afio, tar, as well as gzip2 but for a few different files. The main one is done with afio and then tared into one big file for easier housekeeping.

Regards, Frank

/Bengt