Re: Long double alignment test

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:16:57AM -0700, Brett Cundal wrote:

> The issue is with a test for long double alignment which reports an
> incorrect value on ia64 (and probably other archs). On a RedHat
> mailing list I have found the following code which is claimed to
> correctly detect long double alignment:

Thanks to all who responded - clearly that code is not what I
needed. Fortunately Neil's code appears to work, and is simple enough
that even I can understand how it works... Thanks Neil. :)

Searching around a little more I found a test for this in a proposed
update to autoconf:

offsetof (struct { char x; $1 y; }, y)

(Where $1 is the type to test)
Same basic concept as the code proposed here, and since it was written
to be part of autoconf, I just extracted the entire test and it appears to
work well in aclocal.m4.

Thanks again!

-- Brett