Re: RFS: xbsql -- SQL wrapper for XBase DBMS library

Hi,

May be (a bit) offtopic...

W liście z pon, 31-05-2004, godz. 23:00, Andreas Metzler pisze:
> On 2004-05-31 Rafal Lewczuk <rlewczuk@pronet.pl> wrote:
> [...]
> > -- linda indicates that Build-depends on debhelper is unnecessary, but
> > removing that dependency results in linda messages that debhelper
> > version and debhelper compatibility level don't match (compat=4);
> > how can I resolve this ?
> [...]
>
> Please provide complete information, i.e. the linda error
> (foo-barish-frobnishcation-detected)

Previous answer was a bit too short. Here's a more complete one.

When added debhelper (>= 4.0.0) into Build-Depends field in debian/control,
I got something like this while using linda:

$ linda xbsql_0.11-1.dsc
E: xbsql; Build-Depends on debhelper unnecessarily.
$ linda -f lintian xbsql_0.11-1.dsc
E: xbsql: no-debhelper-but-build-dep
$

Longer explanation from linda states that
"This package Build-Depends on debhelper, but does not call any dh_
 programs in the rules file."
but in fact it does call quite a lot of dh_ programs from debian/rules.

When removed above dependency I've got this:

$ linda xbsql_0.11-1.dsc
E: xbsql; DH_COMPAT is greater than the major version of debhelper depended on.
$ linda -f lintian xbsql_0.11-1.dsc
E: xbsql: dh-compat-greater-than-depends
$

Compatibility level is 4:
$ cat debian/compat
4
$

Linda version: 0.3.3 (from sid).
System: sid and sarge repositories connected, latest versions
of all packages installed (updated today morning).

Regards,

rle