Re: Package checking...

Jaime Robles <jaime@kde.org> writes:

> I have recently package an application i am developing (KLog) and i would like
> to ask a Debian developer to checkif it is well packaged.

(I wont sponsor it, i have not enough time).
Just a quick look at the diff.gz:

- You dont need to do anything with INSTALL_PROGRAM, you can delete
  these lines if you use dh_strip (you do). Read man dh_strip about
  deb_build_options.
- You should give configure the CFLAGS. Like CFLAGS=XX ./configure or
  export it.
- Better remove all lines you dont need (all commented commands). Makes
  it better to maintain if you only have what you really need.
- ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.sub)" ""
        cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub config.sub
endif
ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.guess)" ""
        cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess config.guess
endif

 Oh, i hate it. Thats UPSTREAM WORK. Nothing for Debian
 Packages. Makes unneccessary big debian diff.gz.
 There are only a few exceptions where one should use that lines, not as
 a normal thing. IMO.
 Please delete it and keep Upstream files up2date.

Except that its good.

--
bye Joerg
<Sahneschnitter> Aquariophile: welches debian/ welche xfree version?