Re: RFS(2): kdiff3 - compares and merges 2 or 3 files or directories

Hi!

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> replied to him on -qt-kde where he posted that request too...

Sorry for the "faked crosspost", but news.gmane.org
won't let me crosspost neither with knode nor with tin
saying "441 - You are not allowed to approve postings".

In -qt-kde, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> I had a look at it:

Thanks!
Would you upload too, if/when the package is fine with you?

> Why are you using chrpath instead of specifying --disable-rpath?

When I faced lintian complaining "binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath",
I googled about what that message is all about and what to do.
The first thing I came across was this thread in debian-mentors:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2002/debian-mentors-200202
msg00042.html
There, chrpath ist mentioned, I tried it, it worked, so I did not
search on.
I exchanged chrpath for --disable-rpath now and it works well.

Homework (for me): read through and preferably understand all
configure options.

> One minor point, though: Please remove those extraneous comments in
> debian/rules. You now know what you have to do :-)

I hope so. :o)

> And one suggestion: It _might_ be senseful to try out
> --enable-final...

I tried it. It made little difference in size (about 3,5 KB zipped)
and gave me little confidence by being called "experimental" by
configure. So I'd prefer not to use it.

I uploaded the new version.
(still at http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~eikes/debian/kdiff3 )

Ciao,