Re: Special requirements for scripts in /etc/rcS.d?

Frank Küster wrote:
> stat is called to get uid and exact permissions of a temporary
> configuration file which has just been created.

Perl is standard on systems.  I hesitate to put more use of it in init
scripts but...  Perhaps this would be of use instead of stat just to
work around this problem?

  perl -e 'printf("%d\n",(stat($ARGV[0]))[4]);' /tmp # print uid in decimal
  0
  perl -e 'printf("%o\n",(stat($ARGV[0]))[2]);' /tmp # print mode in octal
  41777

My only question now is where did that '4' come from in the mode?  But
the last four digits always seem to be correct.

Bob