Re: removing bogus directories in my package

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Robert Lemmen wrote:

> one of my packages (trickle) had a problem and used to create stupid
> directories (/usr/share/man1 etc) (see #207258). this is due to a typo
> in debian/rules (shame on me)
>
> i fixed this in a new version, but i don't know how to handle the
> existing directories. i could think of
>
> - just leavin them there
> - removing them (if they are empty) in the postinst of the new version
>
> both look sub-optimal to me, could anyone give me advice on this,
> please?

dpkg already removes the directories if you upgrade from a version of
trickle in which those directories exist to a version in which they
do no longer exist (if they are really empty).

Just stop shipping those empty directories inside the .deb in the new
version and you can consider the bug fixed.